January 14, 2015
Elizabethtown, KY — Parents have a lot of responsibilities. One of those is help guide their children into career interests. The first step in that process is to help them identify their child’s interest and then provide them the tools necessary to explore and nourish their interest.
Hardin County Schools is providing a way for students that attend any school in Hardin County to learn about the options and opportunities available in our area. The district has asked parents of students that attend HCS middle schools and parents of students that go to other area schools to mark their calendars for the first HCS Opportunities Fair on January 29, 2015. It will take place at the HCS Early College and Career Center, also known as EC3 (200 University Drive, Elizabethtown, Ky).
Middle school-aged children and their parents that attend school in the county’s private schools and other districts are asked to arrive by 6 pm on January 29. Parents of eighth graders that currently attend Bluegrass Middle, East Hardin Middle, James T. Alton Middle, North Middle and West Hardin Middle Schools are invited to attend the Opportunities Fair at 6:30 that evening.
Both sessions will start with an information session led by EC3 Principal Dan Robbins and will consist of displays from all three HCS high schools and tours of EC3’s eight pathways.
“We want students from all corners of Hardin County to learn about unique career pathways,” Some of these are only offered in Kentucky by Hardin County Schools.
- Learn about early college opportunities at a reduced price.
- Learn about career pathways that also earn college credit
- Learn about HCS programs – Work Ethic Certification, Gifted, Map testing, extended school programs, college and business partnerships.
- Tour the Early College and Career Center and expose your child to career paths that will lead to quality college and university programs and to successful high-paying careers.
- Pathways available for exploration:
- Health Science (nursing & allied health, EKG Tech, sports medicine and Phlebotomy Tech),
- Engineering & Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Automotive Technology
- Information Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Television Production
- Agriculture Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Consumer & Family Management
- Fundamentals of Teaching
- Business Education
- Marketing or Sports Marketing
- Management / Entrepreneurship
- JROTC (Junior Reserve Officer’s Training Corps)
High school representatives will be present to answer questions about the various career and extracurricular programs available.
It is very important for you to explore these opportunities with your student. We look forward to seeing you on January 29th at 6:30 pm.